What is lung disease?
The term ‘lung disease’ refers to several types of diseases that affect the lungs’ ability to function properly. Lung disease can affect respiratory function (the ability to breathe) and pulmonary function (how well lungs work).
There are a variety of lung diseases, some of them are associated with environmental factors, and others are caused by viral, bacterial, or fungal infections.
Symptoms of lung disease
- Shortness of breath that persists after exercising or that appears after little or even no exertion is one of the common symptoms of lung disease. Breathing difficulties – when it is challenging to breathe in and out – can also offer an early warning sign.
- Chronic cough is a cough that you are experiencing for eight weeks or longer. Chronic cough is an early sign that shows that you have certain problems within your respiratory system.
- Chronic mucus production. Mucus, also known as sputum, is produced by airways and serves as a defense system against irritants and infection. If you experience mucus production for longer than a month, it can be a symptom of lung disease.
- Coughing up blood. The source of blood in your cough is likely to be your lungs or upper respiratory tract. Wherever the blood is coming from, it signals a health problem, including lung disease.
- Wheezing or noisy breathing indicates that for some reason, your lungs are too narrow, or something is blocking their airways.
- Chronic chest pain is a warning symptom of lung disease. Chest pain that lasts for a month or longer is considered chronic chest pain. It also can get worse when you cough or breath in.
What can I do to protect my lungs?
Lungs have a remarkable ability to heal and clean themselves. However, to help them, you can use several techniques that will protect and assist in the healing of your lungs. There are many techniques to protect your lungs and help them heal from the damage caused by smoking or disease. Such methods include lungs detox, taking appropriate vitamins, and lung detox supplements.
Methods for lungs detox
- Quit smoking: Quitting smoking is the most effective way to clean your lung and heal their damage. Whether you have been smoking for a short period or a long time, quitting is a significant step to clean and healthier lungs.
- Avoid secondhand smoking: For lungs detox, it is crucial not only to quit smoking but also to escape secondhand smoking. The smoke coming from the end of the cigarette and the smoke coming out of the smoker’s mouth contains a significant amount of toxic chemicals. Breathing this smoke can lead to severe problems with the lungs.
- Spend more time on the fresh air: Spending time outdoors and breathing fresh air may help expand your lungs, keep them working correctly, and benefit lungs detox. However, it is important to be aware of pollution forecasts in your region and escape spending time outside when pollution numbers are high.
- Regular exercise: Exercising is a part of a healthy lifestyle that will benefit overall body health, including lungs. Regular exercising that includes aerobic activity may help improve your lung capacity. Such activities involve walking, running, swimming, cycling, boxing, dancing, etc. In addition, your workout routine will be more beneficial for lungs detox if you exercise outdoors. However, if you have any chronic lung conditions, it is essential to speak with your doctor before starting a workout program.
- Breathing exercise: Certain breathing exercises may help improve your lung function. It is especially beneficial for smokers, people who have smoked in the past, and people who have lung damage from chronic lung disease. Before starting breathing exercises, you should consult your doctor if you have chronic lung disease.
- Adjust the quality of indoor air: Regular cleaning of your home is important to keep your lungs healthy. Choose a good-quality vacuum cleaner and carry out wet cleaning to get rid of dust. It is beneficial to choose natural cleaning products and escape aerosols. In addition, placing an air purifier in your room to clean the air is a good step to clean and healthy lungs.
- Adjust your diet: Healthy diet can also benefit your lungs and contribute to lungs detox. The addition of anti-oxidant food and drinks in your diet can help you clean your lungs, reduce inflammation in the airway and breathe easier. These foods include broccoli, berries, dark chocolate, turmeric, and green tea. In addition, vitamin D-rich food, such as sardines, salmon, and eggs, can improve the health of your lungs. There are also peptides for the lungs that simplify the consumption of the necessary vitamins – an example Here.
How to clean lungs safely
The lungs have the self-cleaning ability, and they will begin to heal themself right after exposure to pollutants stops (for example, quitting smoking). However, you can use several methods to help clear your lungs and get rid of irritants. Such natural ways to clean your lungs include:
- Steam therapy. During steam therapy, you breathe in water vapor to open up your airways and drain mucus in your lungs. Steam increase warmth and moisture in the air, which can improve breathing and help ease mucus in the airways and lungs. Steam inhalation may provide immediate relief and help you clean your lungs and breathe more easily.
- Controlled coughing can help loosen excess mucus in the lung and send it up through the airways. Doctors often recommend people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease practice controlled coughing.
- Postural drainage is a procedure that involves lying in different positions to use gravity to drain mucus from the lungs. Postural drainage techniques differ from each other depending on the position. The patient can lie on the back, side, or stomach.
- Change your diet. Adding anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory food to your diet can help you clean your lungs. Such food and drinks include turmeric, berries, cherries, leafy greens, olives, beans, lentils, green tea, etc.
- Chest percussion is another procedure that helps remove excess mucus from the lungs. A respiratory therapist will tap rhythmically on the chest wall with a cupped hand in order to dislodge trapped mucus in the lungs to perform chest percussion.
Lung detox supplements
While the best method of cleansing your lungs occurs naturally, some vitamins and lung detox supplements may assist in the process. However, it is important to speak with your healthcare provider before taking any supplements.
The studies have shown that Vitamin A and Vitamin C positively impact lung health. In addition, taking Vitamin E may reduce your risk of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Vitamin D also benefits your lungs’ health.
In order to protect your lungs and assist them in the healing process, the Khavinson peptide supplement known as Taxorest can be taken. Taxorest is a natural supplement that contains lung peptides isolated from the bronchial tissues of young animals. Taxorest is recommended both as a preventative measure in the presence of adverse factors and as a complex therapy for respiratory diseases treatment. In addition, Taxorest is recommended for adults to maintain their bronchopulmonary system functionality.
However, you should always remember to consult your doctor before taking any supplements.
Click Here to read more about Taxorest.